31 Jul 2016학년도 시카고대학 에세이
2015~2016학년도 커먼앱 에세이 주제는 8월 1일에 발표됩니다.
대부분의 학생들이 7개 이상의 학교에 지원을 하기 때문에, 학생들이 써야 할 에세이는 CommonApp 메인 에세이와 대학별 에세이를 포함하여 20개 이상이 됩니다.
커먼앱 메인 에세이뿐만 아니라 대학별 Supplementary Essay도 매우 중요한데, 지원학생의 지원하는 대학에 대한 관심도를 나타내기 때문입니다.
독특한 에세이 주제로 유명한 시카고대학의 경우 2015~2016학년도 Supple Essay을 일찍 발표하여서, 시카고대학 진학을 희망하는 학생들은 이미 에세이 작성을 위한 준비작업에 착수했을 거라 생각됩니다. 시카고대학의 경우, 합격 여부에 에세이가 꽤 큰 비중을 차지합니다.
다음은 2015~2016학년도 시카고대학의 Essay Prompt입니다.
How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to UChicago.
- Share with us a few of your favorite books, poems, authors, films, plays, pieces of music, musicians, performers, paintings, artists, blogs, magazines, or newspapers. Feel free to touch on one, some, or all of the categories listed, or add a category of your own. (Optional)
- Extended Essay Questions: (Required; Choose one)
- Orange is the new black, fifty’s the new thirty, comedy is the new rock ‘n’ roll, ____ is the new ____. What’s in, what’s out, and why is it being replaced? —Inspired by Payton Weidenbacher, Class of 2015
- “I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes.” –Maxine Hong Kingston. What paradoxes do you live with? —Inspired by Danna Shen, Class of 2019
- Joan of Arkansas. Queen Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Babe Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Mash up a historical figure with a new time period, environment, location, or occupation, and tell us their story. —Inspired by Drew Donaldson, Class of 2016
- “Art is either plagiarism or revolution.” –Paul Gauguin. What is your “art”? Is it plagiarism or revolution? —Inspired by Kaitlyn Shen, Class of 2018.
- Rerhceseras say it’s siltl plisbsoe to raed txet wtih olny the frist and lsat ltteres in palce. This is beaucse the hamun mnid can fnid oderr in dorsdier. Give us your best example of finding order in disorder. (For your reader’s sake, please use full sentences with conventional spelling). —Also inspired by Payton Weidenbacher, Class of 2015. Payton is extra-inspirational this year!
- In the spirit of adventurous inquiry, pose a question of your own. If your prompt is original and thoughtful, then you should have little trouble writing a great essay. Draw on your best qualities as a writer, thinker, visionary, social critic, sage, citizen of the world, or future citizen of the University of Chicago; take a little risk, and have fun.
- In the spirit of historically adventurous inquiry, to celebrate the University of Chicago’s 125th anniversary, please feel free to select from any of our past essay questions.